Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sock started!

I started the first sock for my sockpal:


After "deciding" on the Hartshorn cable socks, I ended up changing my mind to the Swirling Rivers sock from the same designer. My pal requested an anklet length, and I'm just past the heel. I love the way short-row YO heels turn out, but most of the time I don't enjoy doing them - especially on these size 0 needles! The smallest needles I've used for socks before are size 2, so these feel really thin. I love the fabric they're creating, though.


I also ordered myself a few skeins of sock yarn:




From the top, that's Cosmic yarn from freshyarns, Iris yarn from lauriegator, and Knitpicks Essential in burgundy (to make some Baudelaires).

I really need to go on a yarn diet - I have yarn for a huge number of projects! There are so many things I want to make, but I really need to focus on these socks so I won't be down the wire knitting them.

And finally, for some cuteness, here's a treat for my sockpal - a sheep tape measure!


It's so cute, I wish I didn't have to give it away!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Pretty colours! The downside to the sockapalooza is that I am visiting so many knit blogs and I want everything I see!!!!

Kristy said...

Very pretty yarn choice! I'm sure your pal will love it :)