Monday, May 28, 2007

Sock Drama

So, I got a very long way (nearly done) on the sock with the swirling rivers pattern. The yarn was pooling a little but I didn't realize how unattractive the pooling with the stitch pattern looked until I tried on the sock. Honestly, it was so bad that there will be no pictures.

So I tried again, and it's apparent that this pattern and this yarn are just not meant to be :(. I'm going to be trying again with Knitty's Hedera, fingers crossed that it will work!

I had a revelation this weekend in terms of knitting - I literally should never be anywhere without a project. I was away this weekend and when I was packing, thought "oh, I'll be so busy with the beach and visiting and stuff I won't even have time to knit." Turns out I've never missed my knitting more - my hands were itching for the yarn!

Now I must be off to watch The History Channel's Star Wars special - I love Star Wars and a professor from my school is going to be talking about its mythological roots. The nerd in me could not be more excited!

No comments: