Friday, August 3, 2007

Project Update

As the month changed from July (there's so much summer left!) to August (wow, I go back to school soon!), I found myself wishing I had a little more summer just on behalf of my knitting. Once I get back to college, my knitting time will be greatly reduced. I'm in the knitting club ("Knit Happens") and have the coveted role of club stash enhancer, but we like to use our meetings to work on charity knitting projects.
On with the show, here are some WIPs:

Orangina:

The back is just about finished; I hope to finish the front on vacation and then finish up the ribbing before I go back.

My pathetic progress on Mystery Stole 3:


I shouldn't call it pathetic, but I'm not even halfway through clue 1 (there are 5 clues out so far, and the entire length is much longer than this). It's sort of an advantage in a way, because I can read about other knitters' problems and solutions on the message board. I must say, although this knit it challenging, it is also very rewarding and I feel so accomplished looking at the progress after each row. It's my first lace, so I'm decently impressed with myself.

I mailed my sockpal's package yesterday and completely forgot to take a picture before I sealed it up, but it should get to her soon! If my upstream sockpal is still out there, I'm going on vacation for the next week and a half and while I'll have internet, I won't be able to see if the package arrived. Meanwhile, for my downstream pal, please let me know if you got (and liked) your socks and package!

No comments: